Got an HTC EVO 4G and running the stock ROM on it that the device shipped with? Want to get into custom ROMs and install one with many added features and mods, but that still retains the stock HTC Sense theme and user interface? B.O.S Liquid Metal is a custom Android ROM for the HTC EVO 4G, released recently by XDA-Developers forum member bmxerkid954 that includes several improvements over the stock ROM. For a feature list and to grab it for your phone, read on after the jump.
Custom ROMs are great for taking your phone beyond what the manufacturer or operating system vendor intended you to do. They often add more functionality, provide more tools for you to work with, without having to install them from the market or with APK files, and even add easy theming support to make it look the way you want with custom themes. The B.O.S Liquid Metal ROM is a custom fully deodexed, zipaligned and tweaked Android ROM that adds several enhancements to the stock ROM including”
- A red themed version of the Android Market,
- Working MMS send & receive capability
- New lockscreen widgets
- Nemo player
- 3D gallery
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted HTC EVO 4G with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Follow this guide for both rooting and recovery installation.
- B.O.S Liquid Metal ROM for HTC EVO 4G
- Download it from the link given above and copy it to your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Make a backup from ‘backup and restore’.
- Perform a ‘wipe data/factory reset’.
- Perform ‘wipe cache’.
- Go to ‘advanced’ and perform ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
- Get back to the main recovery menu and go to ‘install zip from sdcard’ followed by ‘choose zip from sdcard’
- Choose the ROM’s zip file that you copied to the SD card in step 1.
- Wait patiently till it is completely installed, and then reboot your phone.