View in galleryThe official Team Win Recovery, ClockworkMod Touch Recovery, and the ClockworkMod recovery (non-touch) can now be flashed on the AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket and the T-Mobile in a single click or tap. Installing a custom recovery on your Android device is a vital and important step for those with rooted devices. The installation method is not always the same and varies from device to device, such as installing via ODIN (for Samsung devices), flashing via bootloader (HTC devices mostly), or flashing the file via an update.zip in the the original recovery. That said, one device often ends up supporting more than just one recovery, and these can adopt different installation methods as well. Given all this, it would be nice to have one app or tool that would flash the recovery of your choice straight away from one place. Easy Recovery Switcher, developed by XDA-Developers forum member starskyrob for the T-Mobile Galaxy S II, and the AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket is available as an App for Android, and as a desktop application as well. We take a look at how it works, after the break.
If you have no idea what purpose custom recoveries serve, read all about it here. To begin, whether you use the Windows based application or the Android app, you have the choice of these three recoveries as mentioned earlier:
- Official CWM Non-Touch
- Official CWM Touch
- Team Win Recovery
To flash a recovery using the Android app, or Windows application, make sure you have a rooted T-Mobile Galaxy S II. Click here to see our guide on rooting the T-Mobile Galaxy S II. You may also need to have the relevant USB drivers installed as well for Windows 32 bit | 64bit.
Easy Recovery Switcher Android App
- To begin, download the Easy Recovery Switcher app and install it.
- Download the zip file package and extract the contents to the root of your devices internal SD card.
- Run the app and you will see a screen similar to the one as seen below.
- Simply tap the recovery of your choice, and the installation will begin. Yup, that simple!
Easy Recovery Switcher Windows based application
- To begin, download Easy Recovery Switcher and extract the contents.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled and the device is plugged into the PC via USB.
- From the extracted contents, simply run the Easy Automated Recovery Switcher.bat file and follow the onscreen instructions to begin flashing a recovery on your device.
For updates and queries related to this app and tool, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.