We’ve got some great news for iPad users running iOS 3.2.1 or 3.2 – you can now jailbreak your iPad very easily using JailbreakMe 2.0. The method is remarkably simple, very straight-forward, and runs on the device itself, making it essentially child-proof. For more information, website link and details on the process, read on.
JailbreakMe has been released by Comex in association with the iPhone Dev Team. This jailbreak tool is web-based, meaning that you will just need to visit a URL to pwn your iPad. This in itself makes it a great choice, as you no longer have to rely on other jailbreak methods requiring complicated procedures.
Had enough of the details and want to get on with jailbreaking? Here is the step by step guide on doing it on your iPad running iOS 3.2.1/ 3.2 with JailbreakMe tool:
- The first step is to connect your iPad to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Next, backup all your existing data such as contacts, apps, music, photos etc.
- Now restore your iPad to iOS 3.2.1 or iOS 3.2 through iTunes.
- After the restore is complete, connect your iPad through Wi-Fi to the internet and launch Safari from Springboard.View in gallery
- Now type “http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com” or http://jailbreakme.com and follow the on creen instructions to jailbreak your device.
Wait for the jailbreak to take place. After the jailbreak is complete, you will get a prompt that Cydia has been added to your home screen. You may then easily launch it from there just like any other app.
There you go! You have successfully jailbroken your iPad with JailbreakMe. You can now install all sorts of Cydia tweaks and hacks, apps not available in the iTunes app store, and several advanced settings that let you change the entire look, feel, behavior and functionality of the operating system.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.