Many Google Enterprise customers wanted direct Google Apps access from BlackBerry. Back in May, Google announced its plans to integrate Google Apps with BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Just today, Google has announced the availability of Google Apps Connecter for Blackberry Enterprise Server. With this component using Google Apps, such as, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Contacts on Blackberry is going to be much more easier. This is available for customers of Google Apps Premier and Education Editions only.
Here are the features as announced by Google:
- Messages sent to your Gmail inbox are pushed to your BlackBerry within 60 seconds.
- Emails read/deleted on your BlackBerry are marked as read/deleted in Gmail, and vice-versa.
- Emails archived/starred on your BlackBerry are archived/starred in Gmail, and vice-versa.
- BlackBerry folders are synchronized with labels in Gmail.
- You can search for contact information of coworkers from the global address list on your BlackBerry.
- Contacts in Gmail are automatically synchronized with your BlackBerry address book.
- You can view your Google Calendar schedule with the native BlackBerry application, with one-way synchronization from Google Calendar to your BlackBerry device. Two-way calendar sync with the ability to accept, decline and schedule meetings from your BlackBerry device is not available with this release but we are working on it.
- Administrators can use the management and security tools that are part of BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Get more information here and Enjoy!