With the introduction of extensions in Google Chrome browser, it is quickly catching up to Firefox in terms of highly useful browser customization addons. Fans of Firefox’s “Live Bookmarks” will rejoice to know a similar capability has been added to Chrome in the form of an extension called RSS Live Links.
What this extension primarily does it to provide the user with the ability to read RSS feeds’ headlines from a drop-down menu within the browser instead of going to a specialized reader or page.
Right-click on the extension’s icon to access options, which will open in a new tab. Here, you can manage your RSS subscriptions that will be monitored by RSS Live Links, as well as customizing the viewing and organizing options.
Some key highlights of this extension include:
* Automatic visual and audible notification of updates to subscribed feeds.
* Menu-style pop-up list of subscribed feeds, with visual distinction between
new, unread, and read feeds.
* Click on a feed to see a list of its items, with visual distinction between
new, unread, and read items.
* Configurable “visual distinction” options for each “seen-state”.
* Bulk open actions.
* Support for “Real” Live Bookmarks (i.e. a real bookmark folder for
each feed with regularly updated contents).
Install RSS Live Links (Chrome Only)