So you’ve got an iPhone 3G or 3GS with the new bootrom from Apple and are looking for a way to jailbreak your device easily after upgrading it to iOS 4.0 or 4.0.1? We’ve got some good news for you! You can now very easily jailbreak your iPhone using a new tool called JailbreakMe and as you will shortly find out, this is the easiest method of jailbreaking any iOS device so far. For more information, our complete guide and the relevent links, continue reading after the break.
First a little introduction about this method – with a significant contribution from the famous iPhone Dev Team, iPhone hacker Comex has released the JailbreakMe tool and it’s so remarkably easy and simple to jailbreak your iPhone with it that a simpler method simply can’t be made. All it basically requires you to do is visit the tool’s website from your phone’s Safari browser, and follow the on-screen instructions. No downloads required, no PC connection required, no custom firmware making required, no need to run any tools on your computer, no need to meddle with putting your iPhone into DFU or download mode first. It really is as simple as a one-click-root on Android.
The only catch to jailbreaking with this tool is that it doesn’t work on the old bootrom and requires you to have the new one on your iPhone. If you are not sure about your bootrom, you can still go ahead and give it a shot. At the most, if your bootrom isn’t compatible, it won’t get jailbroken.
Excited about it by reading the details and can’t wait to get on with jailbreaking your iPhone 3G or 3GS? Here are the step by step instructions on jailbreaking your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0 and iOs 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.
- The first step is to connect your iPhone to the computer, execute iTunes and sync you phone to make a backup of your contacts, apps, photos and other relevant data.
- Now restore your iPhone 3G/3GS on iOS 4.0 or 4.0.1 using iTunes.
- After restore is complete, connect your iPhone to internet over Wi-Fi, launch Safari on your iPhone and head on to “http://jailbreakme.com”.
- Now simply follow the onscreen instructions in order to jailbreak your Phone. View in gallery
- After the jailbreak procedure is complete, close Safari and go to main screen on your phone to check if Cydia is present. In case Cydia icon is there, you have successfully jailbroken your iPhone 3G/3GS on iOS 4.0 or 4.0.1.
If you are looking for a method to jailbreak your iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0 or 4.0.1 instead, we’ve got you covered for that too, and the links of those guides are right below. Enjoy your jailbroken iPhone!