Finally there is some great news for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II [S2] owners. Recently the phone got rooted via custom kernel flashing method and now the first custom ROM for this phone has made it to public. The ROM is stock, comes pre-rooted with latest BusyBox and SuperUser. Apps like Asphalt 6, Bous, Books, Mobi TV, ECID, IQ T-Mobile, Live Source, Mall lite, Media hub, Mobile backup, Netflix, Sns for Linkedln, Telenav, T-Mobile Blio, T-Mobile m4m, and Zinio have been removed to optimize user experience. According to the ROM developer, G Talk with video has also been pre-integrated in this ROM, This first custom stock Android Gingerbread custom ROM for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II [S2] comes from teshxx. According to the developer, the ROM is also intended to provide developers and theme creators of this phone with a solid base to work on.
Here is the step by step guide to install this stock custom Android Gingerbread ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S II:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone along with ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Now download the ROM zip file from here and save it on your desktop for ease of access.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card as flash drive and copy the downloaded zip file to SD Card root.
- After you are done copying the ROM file to SD Card, reboot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery. You can use ROM Manager’s in-app option to boot into recovery.
- After you are in recovery, make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM using on-screen options.
- Once you are done making the backup, Wipe Cache Partition and Factory / Data reset your phone.
- Once done, navigate to install zip from SD Card and install the ROM zip file.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your phone.
And there you go! You now have the first custom ROM on your phone. In case you have any issues or need to discuss more with the ROM developer, please head to the relevant XDA thread.