Flashing radios, kernels, recoveries, etc, on an Android device is not everyone’s cup of tea. While developers have been trying hard to make life easier for Android fans by releasing one click tools, or automated scripts for such purposes, it is often device specific or purpose specific. Well this story is somewhat the same, but shows quite a bit of promise. XDA-Developers forum member nickiberli has developed and released a tool that combines the much needed functions under one roof. From flashing kernels and radios to copying files to and from your device, this tool has it all, well almost.
Below you can see the list of the features that this tool employs:
- Copy files to and from the device.
- Normal restart, reboot in bootloader and reboot in recovery.
- ADB Kill server, Start server, and Remount.
- List all on the device installed packages and uninstall, enable and disable them. (Please note that this feature froze the app everytime we tried it on our phones.)
- Install APK from PC, to the Internal Storage or SD Card.
- Flash radio image.
- Flash recovery image.
- Flash zImage (Kernel) and kernel-modules.
- Flash boot image.
- .NET Framework 3.5 (on your pc).
- Drivers (HTC Sync).
- USB Debugging turned on.
- Android Phone.
- USB cable.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.