If you haven’t been living under a rock, you would know that Koush has been working on a touch based ClockworkMod recovery for our Android devices. Touch based recoveries are becoming more and more demanded since a few have already been launched in the Android world. However, to this date, a lot of users remain committed to the ClockworkMod recovery. So after teasing us with what the Touch based rcovery will be like, Koush has now released the recovery for the Galaxy Nexus (CDMA & GSM) and the Nexus S (GSM), but it’s a beta for now and remains largely untested. So if you own one of these devices, you can flash the recovery to your device quite easily.
If you have no clue what the hype is all about, you can catch this video of the recovery in action.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Galaxy Nexus or Nexus S. See our guide on rooting the Galaxy Nexus | The Nexus S.
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- Touch Recovery Beta for Galaxy Nexus | Nexus S.
- To begin, download the recovery image from the link above and copy it to the folder where fastboot.exe is in the Android SDK.
- Boot your device in fastboot mode and connect it to the computer.
- Open a terminal or command prompt and enter the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery name-of-img-file-here.img fastboot reboot
That’s it, the recovery should now be permanently installed on your device.