View in galleryNook Color Gets ICS! Seems like progress has been made in bringing the ICS based CM9 ROM to the Nook Color and we’re actually looking at at a ROM that now has quite a lot of things working in it thanks to the efforts of XDA-Developers forum member dalingrin and fattire . However, the ROM is still a work in progress and not fit for use as a daily driver. More so, novice users should not even try being adventurous with this ROM to try and install it.
Here’s what the developers have gotten working so far:
- Wi-Fi (full it seems but it’s brand-new to the kernel so who knows how stable anything is).
- improved stability (but not perfect)
- Google Apps.
- SetCPU / overclock.
- Real data usage info (not stubbed out).
- Battery levels / charging.
- Physical menu button.
- 3D games.
- USB gadget in kernel (i.e, mounting your SD card to your computer).
- Build system (to auto-create upgrade.zips).
Sound, video, full 2D acceleration and possibly much more is not working right now. Again, the ROM is a work in a progress and not meant for playing around by novice users.
Images below, courtesy of the developers.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nook Color with a custom recovery installed.
- CM9 / ICS (Full of bugs) ROM.
No detailed instructions on the installation will be provided as advanced users will already be fluent with flashing a zip file via recovery on the Nook Color. Yes, this ROM can be installed by flaashing it via a custom recovery.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.