As the Android story unfolds, here is yet another breaker that allows CyanogenMod For Nexus One V5.0.7. Cyan0genMod is basically a fully customized and aftermarket firmware distribution for HTC Dream, Magic and more recently for Google Nexus One and Motorola Droid. The main focus of CyanogenMod is to enhance the performance of Android based devices in terms of speed and efficiency. The best thing about this after market firmware is that it is totally free of any charge whatsoever and brings many core improvements.
As per cyanagen, the founder and creator of CyanogenMod, the following are the enhancements your Nexus One will get after installing CynagenMod.
* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Kernel 18.104.22.168 with Pershoot’s tweaks, highmem support (thanks to Arve Hjønnevåg and the rest @ Google for this work), tethering (thanks to Zinx and Ben Buxton for the original RNDIS backport, and Google for merging the goodies into the gadget subsystem), VPN/tun, and other modules (cifs, nfs, aufs, fuse)
* Clean shutdown/startup system
* New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)
* Built in USB tether
* Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
* ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid and Qualcomm
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts enhancements from Wysie
* MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and “require unlock” option
* Massive APN list
* Huge collection of ringtones and audio
* Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and me
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
* Full color trackball notifications (from Google)
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Music app can respond to double-click on the trackball and long-press on the volume buttons (from Metalhead)
* Launcher2 tweaks from ruqq
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
* Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars
Here are the step wise instructions on how to install CyanogenMod to Your Nexus One:
1. Firstly you will need to unlock your device and install Clockwork Recovery (MArket’s ROM Manager) or Armon_Ra’s recovery tool.
2. after you have done this, now perform a Nandroid backup of your device.
3. See if you want to update your radio.
4. Now is the time to WIPE your device ( Please make sure that you understand that AddictiveTips won’t be responsible for any damage to our device)
5. Now install the ROM and you can optionally install Google Addon as per your choice.
You can get all related links and information related to installation here.