Today Dell announced their AT&T bound Android handset, Dell Aero. The device will be available starting today and is a mid-tier Android phone with some decent specs and features, and killer sleek and stylish looks. Read on for more details and the spec sheet.
Here are the detailed specifications of Dell Aero for your reference:
- Android 1.5 Cupcake OS (upgradable to the next version) with Dell’s custom user interface built on top.
- 624 MHz Marvell Processor
- 3.5 Inch Multi-Touch Capacitive Screen with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Quad Band GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 for 2G connectivity
- Tri Band HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 for 3G connectivity
- 5 Mega Pixel Primary Camera With Flash, autofocus and Geo-tagging
- GPS with A-GPS support
- MicroSD Card Slot Expandable up to 32 GB
- Proximity Sensor
The handset is priced at USD 99 with At&T bi-annual contract and at $299 commitment free. The final verdict is that this Smartphone has some pretty impressive specs for a $99 contract phone but Android 1.5 is somewhat disappointing.