View in galleryThe HTC Desire HD is one of the few Android devices out here, that have seen tremendous support from Android developers everywhere. CoreDroid based on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread is one the popular Sense based custom ROM that the device has received, and has seen success to a point where RootzWiki forum member rafyvitto decided to port this ROM onto the myTouch 4G.
According to the developer, “all the credits go to CoreDroid’s team for there amazing job!, i only used my desire s rom as based for there framework edits.”
The ROM, as mentioned earlier is based on Android 2.3.3 and has the latest Sense 3.0 UI deployed to make the users experience, even better. While the ROM on the Desire HD and Inspire 4G – two of the Android mobiles this ROM was meant for – runs like a dream, it is not clear whether there are any bugs for now on the myTouch 4G, considering it is a port after all. For now, here’s where the ROM stands:
- Sense 3.0 carusel laucher by seo themed CoreDroid.
- Most of the Sense 3.0 widgets.
- New themed elements.
- Faux v4 kernel.
- Back/Menu wake mod.
For more information on the actual CoredDroid ROM, head over the to forum thread at XDA-Developers. If you like what you see and wish to get this port up and running on your device, let us show you how you can do just that.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted myTouch 4G. See our guide on how to root the myTouch 4g.
- A custom recovery installed. See what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
CoreDroid for myTouch 4G(The ZIP file seems to have been removed from the source).
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is chosen, it will be flashed to the device and will take a few minutes.
- When the ROM is installed, simply reboot your device.
If all goes well, your device should boot into the new CoreDroid ROM. Head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers for updates and queries related to this ROM.