We have seen couple of guides circling the web which “claimed” downgrade from iOS 4.x to previous OS versions like 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 on iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod Touch 2G/3G. However, those guides had a very minute success ratio and iPhone developers and hackers from Dev Team also indicated them as non-workable without blobs saved. Today I stumbled across a downgrade video guide on YouTube that allows you to downgrade your iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod Touch 2G/3G to iOS 3.1.3 without having the need of your saved SHSH blobs. I also had a little conversation with video up-loader and he claimed the guide as working for iPod 2G/3G in particular and any 2nd or 3rd generation iDevice in general.
Here is the guide to downgrade your iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod Touch 2G/3G without saving SHSH blobs as per the video on Youtube. We do not guarantee if it will work, but you can try this and let us know.
- Download Sn0wBreeze Ver 2.0.2 along with iOS 3.1.3 and save them on your desktop [ Or wherever your prefer].
- Launch Sn0wBreeze and Click OK on the disclaimer to proceed to the next screen.
- Now press the blue button at the bottom of the Introduction screen for Sn0wbreeze and select “Expert” Mode.
- Now press the blue next button and on the resulting screen, press Browse and point to the iOS 3.1.3 IPSW file.
- Now wait for the tool to process your selected IPSW file. After the processing is finished, click I Understand tab on the phone identification screen.
- After this select “General” on the resulting screen and select Activate, in case you want to carrier unlock your iPhone 3G/3GS on iOS 3.1.3. You can select other options as per your desire.
- After you have made the selection(s) on General screen, press Next. now select Cydia if it is not green check-marked already.
- Now select Build IPSW on the resulting screen and wait for Sn0wBreeze to process the build. After the process is complete, you will have a custom iOS 4.1 Beta IPSW file ready to restored on your iDevice.
- You can now restore this custom IPSW file on your iDevice by following onscreen instructions.
Here is the video tutorial that explains the above steps in a nice way:
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on experience before trying your hands on this one. AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.