Finally there is some interesting news for folks who updated their iPhone 3G / 3GS to iOS 4.1 without saving their SHSH Blobs. A video guide has emerged on Youtube that shows a step by step method on downgrading your accidently upgraded firmware to iOS 3.1.3. We also managed to strike a conversation with downgrade discoverer and according to him, this guide has been tested and declared working for iPod Touch 2G, 3G and should work seamlessly for iPhone 3G and 3GS.
Here is the guide for your reference:
- The first step is to get the latest version of sn0wbreeze from here and also get iOS 3.1.3 IPSW file for iPhone 3G or 3GS here [according to your device].
- Once you have acquired both these files, launch sn0wbreeze and proceed to post disclaimer screen by accepting it.
- Once this is done, click the Browse button and point to the location where iOS 3.1.3 for iPhone 3G / 3GS is located and press Next.
- Now hold back while sn0wbreeze cooks custom iOS 3.1.3 firmware for your iPhone 3G / 3GS.
- After the IPSW processing is over, process to Generals and leave every thing intact. You can select to hacktivate your phone in case your aren’t on a legit carrier.
- Now click on Next and proceed to post options screen and select to install Cydia.
- Once this is done, click on Build IPSW and wait for the procedure to finish.
- Once sn0wbreeze finishes building custom IPSW according to your selected options, connect your phone to the computer.
- Now follow onscreen guide on sn0wbreeze to put your phone in DFU model followed by restoring it through iTunes.
- There you go! you have now downgraded your iPhone 3G / 3GS from iOS 4.1 to iOS 3.1.3 without previously saving SHSH Blobs.
Here is the video tutorial for your reference:
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on experience before trying your hands on this one. AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.