View in galleryUndoubtedly Dell Streak is a powerful Android geared touch tablet that was pretty much made an underdog with Android 1.6. Finally there is some great news for Dell Streak owners looking to upgrade their devices to Android 2.1 Eclair without going into trouble of rooting and voiding warranty [Although rooting is legal, but it might still nullify your product’s warranty. Please check your supplier for more information regarding this].
Phandroid got hold of a leaked official Dell Streak Android 2.1 Eclair ROM that is now available for public consumption. Here is the step by step guide on installing Android 2.1 Eclair on your Dell streak without rooting or hacking anything.
- The first step is to download Android 2.1 Eclair PKG file and save it on your desktop [Or wherever you prefer].
- Now connect your phone to the computer via USB cable and mount SD card.
- Copy the PKG file you earlier downloaded to the root of the mounted SD card.
- Once this is donw, power-off your device and reboot into recovery mode by holding Volume and down buttons along with the power-on button.
- Once you have booted in the Recovery Mode, select the second option and follow onscreen instructions to upgrade your Dell Streak to Android 2.1 Eclair.
- Installation will take some time so do not turn off your device or do anything else while the installation is taking place. Once the installation is complete, reboot your device in normal mode.
There you go! You now have successfully upgraded your Device’s OS to Android 2.1 Eclair.
Disclaimer: Please follow these instructions at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible if your device bricks during the process.