There is some awesome news for Rooted HTC Hero (GSM) owners who were looking to get the new CyanogenMod 6.0 for their handhelds. Cyanogen has released the CyanogenMod 6 Alpha for HTC Hero and here are the step by step instructions on how to download and install this build on your handset.
Please note that this guide is only intended for HTC Hero GSM users who have already rooted their handsets and are currently running a custom Android ROM. Please also note that this guide only helps flashing CM 6 Alpha on GSM HTC Hero and not on CDMA Hero.
- The first step is to download CyanogenMOD 6 Alpha GSM HTC Hero ROM File and Google Apps Add-On; place them on your desktop once download is complete.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card.
- Copy and paste both earlier downloaded files on the root of SD Card.
- Now reboot your HTC Hero in recovery mode by pressing “home” and “power” button simultaneously.
- After you are in custom recovery mode, first flash CyanogenMod 6 Alpha followed by Google Apps Add-on.
- Now reboot your phone. There you go! You have successfully upgraded your HTC Hero GSM phone to the latest CyanogenMOD.
Please note that this is an Alpha release and you can encounter countless bugs and issues with this. If you are looking for a stable CM 6 build, then it is better to wait for the final bug-less release. You can also consult this thread in case you have installed this build and are facing problems.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be held responsible if this method incurs any permanent or non-permanent damage to your device.