Charming Browser from MIUI hackers is now available with English translation. The browser has scored many Chinese rooted Android phone fans in a short period of time and the folks over at XDA have already translated the browser in English. The browser is really neat and offers uncluttered full screen mode along with integrated support for tabbed browsing. Another great aspect of this browser is inculcation of night mode that allows the users to set screen brightness for usage in daylight and at night times.
The Charming Browser for Android also allows you to change the text size according to your desire. there is a nice night mode toggle switch that allows you to swap settings for day and night usage. Likewise you can opt to go for browsing with and without images. The browser also comes with a download manager along with a bookmark organizer.
Here are some key features of MIUI Charming browser:
- Top Sites
- E-Book *Search*
- RSS Feeds
- Frequented Sites
- Full Screen Browsing
The Chinese version of the browser is readily available from Market and you can download the translated to English APK file from here.
Here is the step by step guide on installing Charming Browser on your rooted Android handset with Custom ROM.
- The firsts step is download the Charming Browser ZIP file from above, extract the APK and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, go to Market on your phone and download Astro File Manager.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card.
- Copy the Charming Browser APK file to SD Card root.
- Once done, launch Astro File Manager and install the APK file following onscreen instructions.
And there you go! You have the most liked MIUI Charming browser on your rooted Android handset.