In case you were looking for the official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread for your T-Mobile HTC G2, then there there is some great news for you. Some industrious folks over at T-Mobile Support Forums have posted direct Android 2.3.3. For HTC G2 link which is surprisingly up until now. There is a bunch of information that comes with this leak and some of it is posted below:
There’s a few cons about the leak like:
– No 3-button reset.
– Long pressing the camera button makes the phone vibrates.
– You cant root the phone once this is done. There’s no way to downgrade again to 2.2.
– Some people had reported problems with their backlight keyboard (I dont have any)
However, the pros outweighs the cons:
– Better radio (No, not AM/FM radio)
– Better audio codecs
– Faster boot up… (under 30 seconds on my phone)
– Faster response.
– Better GUI
– Bug Fix on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
It is apparent that upgrading to this build will definitely make your G2 stable and enhance your overall experience. It is also worth mentioning that once you upgrade your phone to this version, you will lose any root privileges you previously had on your device. Moreover a rooting method for this build isn’t available so it will be sometime before you can re-root your device after updating to official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread. You can download Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread official leak from here for HTC G2 from here and then follow the instructions provided in this T-Mobile Forums thread to install it on your phone. Please do not flash this build on any other G2 variants like Desire Z, as compatibility is unknown.