Finally there is some great news for HTC Inspire 4G owners as the official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread is rolling out now OTA. The new update is only available for AT & T Inspire 4G users and comes with lots of improvements. Here is a list of updates that come integrated with this official Gingerbread rollout for Inspire 4G:
This system update includes:
- Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread
- New HTC Sense™ features
- Updated Application Tray features
- Updated FriendStream™ features
- Added Quick Settings in the Notifications window
- Improved Power Management function
- Improved media experience
- Various minor bug fixes
As the update is over the air, so it may take some time before you get the notification on your phone. To check manually if the update is available, go to Settings > AT & T Software Update > HTC Wi-Fi Software Update and tap on Check Now. View in gallery
And if you can’t really wait for the OTA to get to you, then follow the manual method as below:
- The first step is to download and save the HTC Inspire 4G Gingerbread Update ROM file on your PC.
- Once done, connect your device to the computer and select HTC Sync as connection method.
- After you are connected to HTC Sync, double click to launch the ROM file you earlier downloaded in step 1.
- Now closely follow all the onscreen instructions to update your phone.
- After the update process is complete, your device should automatically reboot.
- Once the device reboots, complete the initial setup process.
And there you go! You are now officially updated to Gingerbread. Please note that we aren’t sure if this method will work for devices with root. It is advisable to wait for a custom ROM that comes integrated with this update to avoid any unforeseen circumstances.