Finally there is some interesting news for people waiting for Windows compatible redns0w jailbreak for iOS 4.x. Chronic Dev Team has just now released Windows OS compatible Redsn0w version that will allow you to jailbreak your iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G.
Here is the step by step guide on jailbreaking your iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.0, 4.1 with Redsn0w Version 0.9.6b1:
- The foremost step is to download iOS 4.1 Firmware and Redsn0w 0.9.6 Beta 1 and save the files on your desktop [ Or wherever you prefer].
- Now restore your iPhone 3G / iPod Touch 2G to iOS 4.1 using iTunes and launch redsn0w 0.9.6 Beta 1.
- Now press Browse button on Redsn0w and select the downloaded IPSW file.
- After this, click “next” and let redsn0w prepare the jailbreak for your iDevice running iOS 4.1.
- Once the process is complete, check-mark Cydia and any other option that you want to install on your device.
- Now closely follow the onscreen instructions and make sure that you have powered off your iPhone 3G/ iPod Touch 2G along with properly connecting it to the computer.
- Now take your handset in DFU mode and after some time, leave the “power” button while holding the home button. Wait for the installation to begin.
- Now wait until the installation is finished. Your phone will reboot and you will now have the latest iOS 4.1 Firmware jailbroken on your device.
Update: The download link for 0.9.6 beta 1 is no longer available, but the latest 0.9.6 version i.e. 0.9.6 RC 19 is available. The download links have been updated.