View in galleryIf you are a ROM freak and love to try out new ROMs, then chances are that you want multiple ROMs on your phone. This is possible using apps like DRX2, which we covered in a past article. However once that is done, it can be a real headache trying to switch from one ROM to the next and to teach your phone how to manage the ROMs that are installed in your SD card and which ROM to load by default. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini has internal memory enough for just one Android ROM. This situation, however, can be rectified by running multiple ROMs on SD card. To manage all these options, we now have a single mod developed by XDA recognized developer nobodyAtall.
To make the mod work on your X10 Mini you must have ClockWork Mod installed on your device as CWM plays a pivotal role in the whole procedure. Without further ado let us dive into this useful method.
- CWM must be installed and working on your device. To learn more about CWM, read our comprehensive CWM guide.
- Your SD card must be at least class 6 as the procedure requires a fast card. Make sure that this is the case otherwise your phone might suffer some serious damage.
- At least 400MB per ROM of space on your SD card. This means that if you are going to use 2 ROMs simultaneously, you will need 800MB, and so on.
- The zip file of the ROMs of your choice on your SD card, ready to be flashed.
- A patch for ramdisk.tar file of each ROM.
- And yes, don’t forget to download the mod file available on the XDA forum thread.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Run CWM from your X10 Mini.
- Flash the downloaded zip file via CWM.
- Now you have the Multiboot installed on your phone. Open your pre-installed Recovery. You will find the option “Multiboot” there. Tap it.
- Once in this menu, choose “Create boot option from zip” and then give the path to the ROM you want to run (for example MiniCM7 available here).
- Go to “default boot option” and select the ROM you just set up.
- Restart your phone (don’t worry if it takes an unusual amount of time, it’s normal for the first reboot)
Hope this convenient little mod works for you like it has worked for most of the testers.