View in galleryThe Optimus 2X and the T-Mobile G2X are essentially one and the same phone. With hardware that makes most Android fans drool, these devices are equipped to record videos in full HD at 1080p. However the stock settings let you record videos in 1080p at a mere 24fps, which is good enough, but not brilliant enough. However, you get 30fps if you’re recording at 720p. But why settle for that when there’s mod that let’s you break these barriers? That too on one of the best custom ROMs out there; CyanogenMod 7.
Senior XDA-Developers forum member LeJay released a mod for the Optimus 2X that upped the video recording quality by higher bitrates and experimental auto focus mods . There are quiet a few mods with most being unstable and very experimental for now. However, recording videos at 1080p @30fps @20Mbps seems to be working perfectly, not only for the Optimus 2X, but for the T-Mobile G2X as well. This is the reason, we will not indulge in any experimental stuff and go with the stable mod. For those brave enough, they can head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers and pick out the mod they desire and want to try.
So, how do you get this mod on your device? Let us show you how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Optimus 2X or a rooted G2X. See our guide on rooting the Optimus 2X | The G2X.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Optimus 2X | The G2X.
- CyanogenMod 7 installed.
- Full HD Mod 1.0.
- To begin, download the mod from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe cache and then, wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the mod copied to the SD card.
- Once the mod is flashed, simply reboot the device.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.