View in gallerySo how many touch points does your Atrix 4G register at a time? Well the iPad 2 can register up to 5 touch points for gestures and more. The Asus Eee Pad Transformer, a staggering 10 touch points! But, these are tablets, sporting huge screens which makes the multiple touch points understandable. The Atrix 4G may not be a tablet but for the price you pay, and for the hardware it boasts, we want a fair and equal treatment! XDA-Developers forum member michael0619 has done that for you by releasing a mod that now allows your Atrix 4G to register up to 5 individual touch points.
You do realize this makes your adventures in games like Fruit Ninja quite less frustrating. The mod involved could be tweaked and modified to register more touch points but we wont be getting into that since it can become unresponsive over 5 points (head over to the forum link at the end of this article for more on how to tweak this mod). For now, 5 points are more then enough on a phone.
The mod can be installed very simply via ClockworkMod recovery, now that the bootloader has been unlocked. So let’s get this mod installed on your Atrix 4G.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Atrix 4G. See our guide on rooting the Atrix 4G.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Atrix 4G.
- Multi Touch mod.
- Multi Touch Tester. (An app to test if the mod worked.)
- To begin, download the mod from the link above and copy it to the root of the SD card on your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod recovery and make a nandroid backup.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and choose the mod you copied to the SD card.
- Once the file is flashed, select reboot now and let the phone reboot.
That’s it! Install the Multi Touch Tester app to see if the mod is functioning correctly. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.