Sending MMS from your Windows Phone 7 device isn’t the easiest of tasks. There are quite a number of issues, and if you don’t have a developer unlocked device then you could be in trouble when it comes to enabling MMS. Some carriers do not pose this issue, but mostly you have to struggle to get MMS on your phone. But if you are an LG Optimus 7 user, then there is a simple enough way to achieve this, that too without any jailbreak and merely by following a few simple instructions!
The fix has been proposed by XDA member barovidiu, so all credit goes to him. The trick is to simply use the MFG menu of this LG phone from where you can easily tinker with a few values to accomplish your goal, namely, enabling MMS on your phone!
- View in galleryMake sure that you have the MMS settings enabled from your carrier.
- Go to your phone’s dialer and dial ##634#. This opens the diagnostic (MFG) mode of the device.
- In the MFG menu, enter 7 to access “Engineering Settings”.
- Navigate to “Other Settings” by inputting the number 6.
- Now from among the displayed options choose and enable “Set ADC”. ADC is the setting which looks for available data trafficking options (like WAP, MMS) and configures them optimally without any user intervention.
- Exit the MFG menu.
- Switch off your device.
- Remove your phone’s SIM card and restart it without your SIM inside.
- Leave the phone on for about 5 minutes and then turn it off again.
- Insert your SIM card again and switch on your phone.
- Now all that’s left to do is to go to “Data Connection” in Cellular Settings and flip it on.
This way you will have MMS running on your LG Optimus 7, but beware, some users have claimed that this method proved completely ineffective for them. Basically what we are trying to do here is to force the device to recognize MMS as media communication by navigating to the Engineering menu inside MFG. If you have never faced any issue with MMS on your Windows Phone, then you are among those lucky few whose carrier automatically fixes this issue with the Engineering options. For all WP7 user not using an LG device, nothing as convenient as the amazing MFG menu is available and they might have to delve deep into their phone’s registries using a registry editor to fix this annoying MMS problem.