Couple of days back we published a post on fixing Different SIM Detected Error on iPhone running iOS 4.0.x after jailbreaking the device with JailbreakMe.com. Sherif Hashim, iDevice hacker and developer, has been able to author a tool that only requires you to install it through Cydia on your jailbroken device and you are all set with your carrier unlock once again.
Here is the step by step guide on fixing different SIM detected error on your iPhone after jailbreaking.
- The first step is replace your Sim Card with Phonebook Sim card which will take your phone out of emergency mode.
- Now launch Cydia and go to Manage > Sources.
- Once you are in the Sources tab, press edit followed by the Add button and type this url: http://cydia.pushfix.info
- Once the sources are updated, go to Cydia search bar and search for “hacktivation”.
- Now simply tap on hacktivation and follow onscreen instructions to install this patch.
- Now reboot your phone and there you go! The different SIM detected error won’t be nagging you any more.