In case you opted to go with CyanogenMod 7 for your myTouch 3G Slide and were having issues with Wi-Fi connectivity, then there is some great news for you. Senior XDA Member borrowed ASASlide hack to address these issues and apparently he was successful. The method basically requires you to download CM ROM along with Salsa Slide Beta ROM and then replace Wi-Fi files in CM with those of Salsa Slide ROM.
However, there is an easier method to do the deed. UberMario has also released a recovery flashable version of this fix. Here are the instructions:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is download the flashable Wi-Fi fix file to your PC.
- Once done, connect your CM 7 running myTouch 3G Slide with computer and mount SD Card as flash drive.
- Now copy the zip file you downloaded in step 1 to SD Card root.
- After this, reboot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 [Please note that this zip may fail to flash on any other recovery version].
- Once in CWM Recovery, go to Install Zip from SD Card.
- In the resulting menu, select and flash / install Wi-Fi-Signed.zip file present on your SD Card root.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and then reboot your device.
- After the device reboots in CM 7, connect with Wi-Fi and see if the fix worked.
If you come across any issues, head to the XDA thread posted here and try following the manual guide to achieve this fix.