View in galleryView in galleryJust a day or two back, we covered a news detailing how the root exploit for the HTC EVO 3D was just around the corners and some glitches were being ironed out. We have just received confirmation, from agrabren from Team Win of an early exploit being released. This exploit not only roots the EVO 3D, but the HTC Sensation as well!
Sensation? Well yes, who knew, but this is brilliant news nonetheless for owners of both the devices. However, as we mentioned earlier that it’s an early release, the exploit at this stage will only give you temporary root access and the phone will revert to stock once the phone is restarted. Kind of a pain yes, but the purpose of this release must have been to test out the initial response from users and to gain some feedback to make sure that when the final exploit is released, no issues remain.
So if you want to get your Sensation or EVO 3D rooted, even for a moment, here’s how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- Fre3vo. (root exploit)
- To begin, download Fre3vo from the link above.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your phone. (Settings > Applications > Development)
- Connect the phone to the system via USB.
- Navigate to the location where the root binary file is and while keeping the Shift key pressed, Right Click mouse and select Open command window here.
- Enter the following commands:
adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo
To make sure the exploit worked, enter adb shell in command prompt or terminal and you should see a # instead of %.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at The Root Of All EVO.