Finally there is some great news for HTC Amaze 4G users as a pre-rooted stock 1.36.351.5 ROM is available for download and install. HTC Amaze 4G, until now, has proved to be a hard nut to crack with only one temporary rooting script. The script even made things worse and was taken down by the developers within minutes. So far, flashing this pre-rooted Android 2.3 Gingerbread custom ROM on HTC Amaze 4G seems to be the only method to gain permanent root with init.d and custom boot image support.
Here are some features of this ROM as per the ROM chef:
- Custom Boot Animation
- Odex/Deodexed versions
One great thing about this pre-rooted ROM is perhaps its flash-ability via stock Amaze 4G recovery. Here is the step by step guide to gain root access on your HTC Amaze 4G by flashing Stock pre-rooted ROM:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download the ROM zip file [Odexed Version, Deodexed Version] and save it on your PC’s desktop. To learn more about Odex and Deodex, please see our comprehensive post published here.
- Once done, connect your phone via USB cable to PC and copy the downloaded ROM zip file to SD Card root.
- After this, power off your phone.
- Now reboot your Amaze 4G is recovery mode while holding Power button along with Volume down key.
- After you are in the recovery mode, use on-screen option to preform a full data and cache wipe.
- Now navigate to Install From SD Card option and select Amaze_Odex_1.36.351.5.zip or Amaze_Deodex_1.36.351.5.zip as applicable. This will flash the ROM on your phone.
- After the flashing / installation is complete, reboot your device.
- After you boot into the ROM, when you see the start screen, reboot your device once again.
And there you go! Now you have a pre-rooted ROM on your HTC Amaze 4G. In case you are facing any issues or need more information, please head to the official ROM thread at XDA.