Finally there is some great news for myTouch 4G Slide owners as Revolutionary – The tool to gain S-OFF on select HTC Devices – has been updated to support this handset. The new version of Revolutionary started rolling out couple of days back with support for more devices. Currently HBoot version 1.44.0007 is supported and we believe that soon other versions will be added as well. For those who don’t know, S-OFF is basically done on a device to gain permanent root access.
Here is the step by step guide to gain S-OFF on myTouch 4G Slide with Revolutionary:
- HTC Fastboot drivers.
- Make sure HTC Sync is uninstalled.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download Revolutionary S-OFF tool from Revolutionary IO. Make sure that you keep revolutionary.io webpage open while attempting S-OFF.
- Once you have downloaded the tool, unpack the zip file and save the contents on your desktop for ease of access.
- Now connect your myTouch 4G Slide to the computer via USB cable. Do not mount SD Card and keep it in charge only mode.
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your phone. You can enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Application > Development.
- Once done, run Revolutionary.exe and closely follow onscreen instructions.
- You will be provided with a serial number. Copy that and paste it into the field named Serial number in the webpage where you downloaded revolutionary from.
- Once the fields are completely entered hit the Generate button to be given a key.
- Copy that key and paste it at the relevant position in the terminal window.
- Let the tool do its thing, so wait patiently as your phone gains S-Off.
And there you go! You now have S-OFF on your myTouch 4G Slide.