View in galleryYou have two gadgets, one in each hand, one of them has 3G on it, and the other one has no internet access. Chances are you’ll be needing the internet access on the device that does not have it. If you’re in a similar situation and the 3G enabled device is a Dell Venue Pro, you’ve come to the right place. Below you will find a step by step procedure to ‘tether’ or share your Dell Venue’s high speed internet connectivity via a USB interface.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- 3G Enabled Dell Venue Pro
- HTC USB Modem Drivers ( Windows 32-Bit | Windows 64-Bit Currently not available)
- Download the HTC USB Modem drivers above and extract to any place on your PC.
- Find HtcUsbMdm32.inf , open it using Notepad and look for :
[Models] %HTC00% = Modem0, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFC&MI_00 %HTC01% = Modem0, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF
- Replace it with :
[Models] %HTC00% = Modem0, USB\VID_05c6&PID_3199&MI_00 %HTC01% = Modem0, USB\VID_05c6&PID_3199
- Find HtcVComV32.inf , open it using Notepad and look for :
[Models] %HTCDevice00% = HTCPort00, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFE %HTCDevice01% = HTCPort00, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0E01&MI_00 %HTCDevice02% = HTCPort00, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0E02&MI_00
- Replace it with :
[Models] %HTCDevice00% = HTCPort00, USB\VID_05c6&PID_3199 %HTCDevice01% = HTCPort00, USB\VID_05c6&PID_3199&MI_00 %HTCDevice02% = HTCPort00, USB\VID_05c6&PID_3199&MI_00
- Go to your Dialer, Enter ##634# to go to EM.
- Go to Service Center & switch to composite mode. Password is *#301#
- Let the phone reboot and connect it to the PC to detect the modem on Dell Venue Pro.
- Right Click on the My Computer Icon on your desktop and click on properties.
- Open Device Manager.
- Find USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_01 and force update driver with HtcUsbMdmV32 (inside unzipped folder)
- Find USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_00 and force update driver with HtcVComV32 (inside unzipped folder)
- You will get two new devices, HTC USB Modem and HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM8)
- Run DFRouter on your phone and click on “HTC Modem”.
- Connect device to PC, open properties of HTC USB Modem and select Advance Tab.
- Add this command in the text box: +cgdcont=1,”ip”,”APN” (replace APN with your carrier’s APN)
- Create a new dial up connection with HTC USB Modem with *99# as the dial number.
- Leave the Username and Password fields empty.
Congratulations! your dial up connection through your phone’s 3G is now setup and ready to be used.
For any issues, queries & updates , please head over to XDA-Developers forum thread.