View in galleryIf you’re an HTC HD7 owner and want to utilize your phone’s 3G connection to get internet access on your laptop or PC, the below mentioned stepwise procedure would enable you to share the connection with your PC connected via USB.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- XAP File
- HTC USB Modem Drivers ( Windows 32-Bit | Windows 64-Bit Currently not available )
- Knowledge about your carrier’s APN.
- Download XAP file downloaded above and transfer it to your phone.
- Download the HTC USB Modem drivers.
- Turn off your Data connection in your phone and connect it to your PC via USB.
- Unzip the downloaded USB Drivers to any folder on your PC.
- Right Click on the My Computer Icon on your desktop and click on properties.
- Open Device Manager.
- Find USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_01 and force update driver with HtcUsbMdmV32 (inside unzipped folder)
- Find USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_00 and force update driver with HtcVComV32 (inside unzipped folder)
- You will get two new device HTC USB Modem and HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM8)
- Run DFRouter on your phone and click on “HTC Modem”.
- Connect device to PC, open properties of HTC USB Modem and select Advance Tab.
- Add this command in the text box: +cgdcont=1,”ip”,”APN” (replace APN with your carrier’s APN)
- Create a new dial up connection with HTC USB Modem with *99# as the dial number.
- Leave the Username and Password fields empty.
Your dial up connection should now establish and grant you tethered internet access for your computer.
For any issues, queries or update, head over the XDA-Developers forum thread.