View in galleryAlthough WiFi hotspots are increasing exponentially over populated areas with the deployment of wireless broadband, there is hardly any area that does not have some form of internet coverage. However if you’re in an area with no coverage and own a Samsung Windows Phone 7 device, you can now share your device’s 3G connection and share it to your laptop or PC via a USB interface. Read on for a step by step tutorial that guides you all through the process.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Windows Mobile 7 powered Samsung Device
- Samsung USB Drivers
- Knowledge of your Operator’s APN settings.
- Download Samsung USB drivers and install them on your system.
- Reboot after installation.
- Open up the Dialer, Dial ##634# and then press the Call button.
- On the diagnostic screen, Dial *#7284# and press Call again.
- A “Microsoft USB Test” screen will pop up allowing you to change the configuration of USB Path Control settings with the following options:
- Zune Sync
- Modem, Tethered Call
- Modem, USB Diag
Your PC will establish a Dial-up connection through your phone to the 3G internet. Enjoy!
For any issues or queries, please go to the XDA-Developers forum thread.