Are you a fan of those freakish little tattoos? Want to sport one of them (in fact lots of them) on your body without going through the tedious and painful procedure? Try TattooCam – an effective Android app that puts your camera lens to good use and lets you preview and capture images overlaid with stunning tattoo designs. Using TattooCam, its live tattoo effect preview feature and a vast collection of diverse tattoo designs, you can capture tattooed photos of yourself or your friends and share them over the web.
The app lets you resize, reposition, rotate and preview tattoos in real-time through the viewfinder. To browse through various TattooCam design categories, tap on the Tattoo Designs button on the app’s home screen. Once you select a preferred design category, navigate up/down on the screen to check out various designs under the selected category. To capture a tattooed image:
- From app’s homescreen, hit the Camera button.
- Tap on the tattoo button to switch between various tattoo designs and select the one that attracts you the most.
- Drag the tattoo to re-position it on the screen.
- Use the Pinch-To-Zoom gesture to resize the tattoo
- Tap on the transparency button to adjust the opacity of the tattoo to make it look realistic.
- You can also rotate the tattoo, toggle camera shutter sound on/off, modify various camera settings such as autofocus, metering, ISO, white balance, size and flash (dependant on the camera hardware) and/or set the image resolution.
- Once done with all the modification, just tap on the large camera button to grab the image.
You can view all your stunning tattooed shots from the Gallery button on the app’s home screen. Tap the Options button on app’s homescreen to specify the saved photo directory and to alter the preferred prefix for the names of saved images. By default, all saved images are saved in the TattooCam/Images folder on your device’s SD card.
Done with all the tattooing? It’s time to bamboozle your friends by sharing all your tattooed snaps with them. Amid so many failed attempts that have been made hitherto at developing a true virtual tattoo implanting app, it is heartening to see an effective solution coming to the fore. The best part about the app is that it is available absolutely free of cost. To try TattooCam on your device, visit the Android Market link given below.