Bored of having the same old color scheme on you WP7 device? Need a fresh look for your phone? It is sometimes impossible to get a theme that exactly matches your taste and requirements. The color might be just a bit too bright or the contrast might not be right. What you need is a way to customize your themes, font colors and other settings to make the appearance of your WP7 exactly the way you want it to be. This sort of customization can get pretty complicated in WP7, so here is an easy-to-follow guide for accomplishing this modification of your theme colors.
First of all, be warned that the method involves tinkering with your registry values, and that always has the potential for disaster.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Your device must be developer unlocked. If you are not among the lucky few who have got a license from Microsoft, then you can try using Chevron unlock. To use Chevron, you can read our guide on the topic. 7008 was the last version on which Chevron WP7 worked, so you might have to revert back to it, apply unlock and then move back to the current version. [If you are thinking that this is too much trouble for simply changing a few colors then you have to look at the end result, it’s worth it. Besides, having an unlocked device will be useful for you in the future too.]
- Registry Editor must be installed on your device. You can download it from this
link(download not available anymore) or follow our guide for Samsung devices.
- Note down the hexadecimal values of the colors of your choice. You can find those values in any photo editing software or on this page.
Now you are all set to perform the actual modifications. Simply follow the instructions.
- Open the registry editor and go to “Advanced Configuration”.
- If you have a dark theme, then go to these values and input the hex of the color you chose:
- For light color themes, simply replace 1 by 0 in the penultimate field of the same values.
- Font colors can also be modified, by updating the hex colors in these values:[HKLM\ControlPanel\themes\1\TextNeutralColor]
- Repeat step 4 with the replacement of 1 to 0. This will change font color in lighter themes.
Thus you can create the themes of your dreams.