LG Optimus 7 is a Windows Phone 7 device that comes integrated with quite a few carriers. However if after buying it you decide that you like the phone but chose the wrong carrier then this can be quite a headache. Luckily there is actually a tweak to rescue that situation, which might just prove to be what you have been looking for. Using the method described below you can change your Optimus 7’s version to the carrier of your choice. Here’s how to do it.
First of all make sure you know the Network Profile ID of the carrier (e.g. “_PROV_ATT_US_310_410.xml” for AT&T) you are planning to switch over to. If you don’t know it, you can simply search it over the net.
- The tweak is applied through the MFG mode and the first step is to enter the said mode. To accomplish this, dial ##634 from your phone.
- The above step will automatically install an app in your app menu by the name of MFG. Open it.
- Now you will be asked to enter a password. Input 277634#*#
- This will open a menu on your screen. Enter 7, which will take you to the Engineering menu.
- Go to “Other settings” by tapping in 6.
- You will see some more options. Select “Set Network Profile”.
- Scroll the list and look for the ID of the network you are looking for, and choose it.
- Exit the MFG app, and then reboot the phone.
The method seems to be working for most although there have been a few complaints.