Finally there is some great news for Motorola Droid Bionic Android phone users looking to get free Wi-Fi tether. XDA member, zedomax, is out with a comprehensive guide to get free Wi-Fi Tether on your Droid Bionic. This hack basically saves you from getting ripped by Verizon for paying twice for internet. Verizon has officially blocked this feature in Motorola Droid Bionic and here’s the guide to unblock it on your phone.
View in gallery
- Droid Bionic With Root
- SQLite Editor App From Market [$ 2.99]
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone along with SQlite Editor app installed.
- Once done, tap to launch the SQlite App editor and select Settings Storage.
- Once in Settings Storage, tap to select settings.db.
- Now select Settings and after that tap on menu button followed by selecting Set_Filter option.
- Now in the Set_Filter field, type “check” and press OK.
- In the resulting menu, set the value of “entitlement_check” to zero.
- After this reboot your phone.
- Now once your phone reboots, Run the mobile hotspot app on your phone.
- It should start working now. If that’s not the case then enter manual client DHCP start address which will be something like 192.168.22.2
And there you go! You now have your free mobile hotspot working fine on your phone. In case you are stuck or need some support, then head to the official XDA thread posted here.