Finally there is some great news for Samsung Sprint Epic 4G Touch Android phone owners looking to get Overscroll Glow on their devices. Senior XDA Member, deano0714, has managed to find a workaround that let’s get Overscroll Glow without having to tinker much with your phone’s framework. For those who don’t know, Overscroll Glow is basically an eye-candy that crates a glowing area when you try to pull any menu on your phone down. This feature is certainly an add-on and won’t engage in intervening in any other phone processes. We believe that this Overscroll Glow hack / tweak has been ported to Epic 4G Touch from Samsung Galaxy S II.
In order to get Overscroll Glow on your phone, you must have root on your device along with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Here is the step by step guide to get it on your phone right now:
- The first step is to make sure that you have root access on your Epic 4G Touch with ClockworkMod Recovery View in galleryflashed.
Download Overscroll Glowflashable ZIP file to your computer (the file seems to have been removed from the source).
- Now, connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded ZIP package to SD Card root.
- Reboot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery. In order to boot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery, First power off your phone and then reboot it while holding volume up key along with power and home buttons.
- After you have launched ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone, choose the install zip from sdcard option and select the Overscroll ZIP file your earlier copied to SD Card root.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your Epic 4G Touch.
- After your phone reboots, go to settings menu and try to see if you get that orange transparent glow when you try to pull up the menu.
And there you go! You now have Overscroll Glow on your phone. In case you are facing any issue or want to thank the developer, then head to this XDA forum thread.