There are some users experiencing issues on their iPhone 4, 3G/3GS after jailbreaking their devices on iOS 4.X with JailbreakMe tool. Facetime and MMS seem to go problematic after jailbreak and here is the step by step guide on fixing these two:
- The first step is to connect your iPhone to the computer and lunch iTunes.
- Now sync your device with iTunes and navigate to restore from backup tab.
- Now select the backup you made before jailbreaking your device with JailbreaMe. In case you didn’t make a backup prior to jailbreak, select the most recent backup available.
- Now allow the phone to restore. After restore, you will be able to use Facetime and send MMS as usual with your jailbreak intact.
We have tested this method on iPhone 4. Please do let us know if you were able to fix these issues using this guide.
Update: As tipped by one of our commentators here, you can now follow this guide to fix the Facetime and MMS issue:
- The first step is to launch Cydia on your iPhone previously jailbroken with JailbreakMe.
- Now tap the Manage Tab.
- After you are in Manage Tab, tap on Sources.
- Now touch “Edit” followed by “Add” and enter “http://iphonedelivery.advinux.com/cydia/” in the URL prompt
- After this your sources in Cydia will be updated. Now search for “iPhoneDelivery” in Cydia and install.
- And there you go! You can now cross-check by launching Facetime and sending an MMS to see if everything is OK.