One of the features in Mango that users were really looking forward to is Twitter integration. We even included the feature in our list of 10 amazing new features in Mango. If you are still wondering what the fuss is all about, you are probably still on Nodo, waiting for your carrier to roll out the update for you. You can update right now using our guide to force-update to Mango. Once your eyes have adjusted to the dazzling shine of the update, you might notice a tiny little bug. Most users are experiencing problems with Twitter integration. But worry no more, here’s a complete guide to linking your Twitter account to your Windows Phone 7 device.
The main problem faced by people is that once they have set up their Twitter account on Mango, the contacts don’t show up even after syncing. Follow these steps to get this right.
- Go to your phone’s Settings menu and navigate to the option “email + accounts”.
- You will see the Twitter option there. Choose it.
- Enter your ID and password.
- Wait for the account to sync.
- Check the People Hub. If you don’t see your Twitter contacts added there, proceed to the next step, else you are done.
- Go back to the “email + accounts” menu you went to in step 1. Delete your Twitter account there by long pressing on it and selecting delete.
- Switch off your phone and wait for 30 seconds.
- Turn it back on.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5.
That’s all there is to it, and this procedure should resolve any issue you might be facing with Twitter integration.