View in galleryIf you’re an HTC Inspire 4G or a Desire HD owner and are looking to install custom ROM’s on your device, some custom Android ROMs need you to flash the Radio for compatibility with the hardware. Be careful while selecting the exact radio version, its mostly mentioned in the ROM. We are featuring a stepwise tutorial to guide you along the way. We’d be using a sample radio image based on Orange for the UK region.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Desire HD or Inspire 4G. (See how to permanently root HTC Desire HD or how to root Inspire 4G)
- Radio and ENG S-Off on the device. (See how to gain S–OFF (radio and engineering) on HTC Desire HD)
- ClockworkMod Recovery on the device. (See how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 3 + using ROM Manager)
- HTC Sync installed on your system.
- Android Development Kit installed on your system. (See what is ADB and how to Install It with Android SDK)
- Radio 26.05.05.27_M3 image.
- Radio Flasher
- The device fully charged.
- Download Radio Flasher zip to your system.
- Extract it to any folder of your choice.
- Open the flash folder.
- Download the radio image you want to flash, in this case the above mentioned, and place it in the flash folder.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Double Click on ‘START HERE’ in the flash folder. A command prompt window will open.
- Type: adb reboot bootloader and press Enter. This will reboot the device into the Bootloader.
- Wait for the phone to boot into the bootloader and type: fastboot flash radio radio.img and press Enter.
- Wait for the flash to complete and type: fastboot reboot
That’s it. The phone will reboot and use the newly flashed radio from now on. In case you flashed the radio to install a custom ROM, go ahead and get the ROM.
For any issues during during or after upgrade, please visit the XDA-Developers forum thread.