View in galleryIf you have a ViewSonic G-Tablet lying around and do not have full Android Market access on it, get your hands on it as we are bringing you a guide that will allow you to enable it on your tablet. This has been made possible using a workaround that force closes the Market app and wipes the data for the Google Services Framework. Both these steps have to be done manually. Read on below for a complete tutorial on how to do this.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Download the Titanium Backup zip file from the link above (since you don’t have Market access yet.)
- Unzip and extract it to any location on the SD card.
- Open up ES File Explorer, browse to the location of the APK file and install it.
- Ensure the Market is working on your Google ID.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Market.
- When taken to the Market page, Force Stop the Market and Google Services Framework.
- In Titanium Backup application that you have downloaded and installed before, go into ‘Backup/Restore’, look for ‘Google Services Framework 2.2’, tap on it and then choose ‘Wipe Data’.
- Go back to your home screen.
- Run Market on your device now. You should get an error. If you get no error, try the above steps again until you do. Getting that error is absolutely important.
- Once you get the error, reboot your device.
Wait for at least a minute after the OS has booted and then start Android Market again. You should notice all of your applications visible in the Market right now. You still have to do one more reboot to actually have the ability to download and install applications.
Enjoy the full access to the Android Market like all Android users!