Previously we discussed a pre-rooted ROM flashing method that helped in gaining permanent root privileges on HTC Amaze 4G. xBoarder56, senior XDA member and Recognized Developer, has release a One Click Perm Root tool for HTC Amaze 4G that makes the process really simple. The tool has been verified and apparently this script also deploys ZergRush exploit but with lesser bricking chances. the script comes in form a .bat file meaning you will need a PC to make this work. In addition to this, you will need to have an unlocked bootloader for this script to permanently root your Amaze 4G. If this isn’t the case, then you will get a temporary root only.
Here are the step by step instructions to gain permanent root on HTC Amaze 4G via One Click Permanent Root Tool:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is download HTC Amaze 4G drivers from here and install them on your PC.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer and make sure that it is recognized by your computer.
- Now download One Click Perm Root Tool from here and extract the archive contents to a folder on your desktop. You can name this folder as Amaze Root for convenience.
- Once done, open Amaze Root folder and click on ZergRushTempRoot.bat file.
- Now sit back and relax while the exploit is deployed on your phone. It will take 3 minutes or more so hang in there while it happens.
- Once the root process is complete, reboot your phone.
- After your phone reboots into system, download Root Checker app from Market and verify root privileges.
And there you go! If things went as planned, you will now be holding your permanently rooted Amaze 4G. In case you need more information or developer support, then head to the official XDA root thread posted here.