Samsung Sprint Epic 4G is quickly gaining fan base due to its awesome features. However the data limit imposed by Sprint isn’t really cool when you have to tether your other devices on 3G. But when its Android, there is always a possibility of getting things done. Senior XDA Member, Necrosan, has released a workaround that lets you bypass data limit with a 3G Hotspot [tethering] hack. This hack basically helps in removing the data limit and is workable on rooted phones with deodexed EG30 ROMs. After deploying this tweak on your Epic 4G Touch, you can enjoy free 3G tethering without any hindrance from Sprint’s limit plans.
Here is the step by step guide to gain unlimited 3G tethering on Epic 4G Touch:
- Rooted Samsung Epic 4G Touch
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- EG30 Deodexed ROM [You can search XDA Forums for Epic 4G Touch to find a suitable EG30 Deodexed ROM]
- Epic 4G Touch NoCiq Package
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone with ClockworkMod Recovery flashed and any EG30 Deodexed ROM installed. All reference links are provided in requirements section above.
- Now Download Epic 4G Touch NoCIQ zip package from link provided in requirements section and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the downloaded Epic 4G Touch NoCIQ package to SD Card root.
- After you are done with copying the zip file to SD Card root, disconnect your phone from the computer and reboot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery mode. In order to boot your Epic 4G Touch in recovery mode, power off your device and then power it back on while holding Volume Up key along with Volume Down and Power button.
- In recovery mode, use Volume Up to move up, Vol Down to navigate down and Power button to select.
- Now navigate to Install Zip from SD Card and from the resulting menu, select the Epic 4G Touch NoCIQ zip file your earlier copied.
- Wait for the file to flash.
- After the flashing / installation process is complete, go to Recovery main menu.
- Now Clear Dalvik Cache from Advanced options in Recovery mode.
- After you are done wiping the Dalvik Cache, reboot your device.
And there you go! You now have unlimited 3G tethering available on your device. In case this method doesn’t work for you or you need Live developer support, then head to the official XDA thread posted here.