One of the best features that Windows Phone 7 offers is Live Tiles. You can pin up any of your contacts to your home screen and stay connected with them with just one touch. Every time you see Windows Phone 7 depicted somewhere, it is the image of Live Tiles that is mostly used. They are a trademark of sorts for WP7. But it is a major turn off that in real life, the picture quality on a live tile is not as good as the original picture you used. There is a reason for it, and the issue has been tracked down to Google compressing your photos while syncing, thereby reducing the quality and resolution. So here’s the workaround for this little problem.
All you have to do is either to prevent Google from messing around with your pics, or upload a newer version of the contact photo from right inside your Windows Live account. Here are the steps you have to follow.
- View in gallerySign in to your Google account.
- Go to the settings menu.
- In Settings navigate to the “General” tab.
- Move to “Contacts’ picture” and from among the given options choose “Only show pictures that I’ve chosen for my contacts”.
- Move away from the account to the blurry-pictured contact.
- Tap the contact tile, and in the opened screen go to “settings” at the bottom menu.
- Tap the photo and choose the high resolution copy that you have got saved in your phone.
From now on whichever photo you associate with your contacts won’t get a quality degrade from Google.