Finally there is some great news for Nexus One owners who were looking to manually upgrade their current Android 2.2 Froyo build to the latest FRF91.
We still haven’t received any confirmation on the exact functionality of this update but it is good to remain updated with latest stuff. So here is the step by step guide on how to upgrade your Nexus one to Android 2.2 Froyo FRF91.
For Non-Rooted Stock Nexus One Users:
- The first step is download this update.zip file.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card.
- After the SD card is mounted, copy and paste the update.zip file on the SD card root.
- Install this file by rebooting in recovery mode.
- Go to settings> About Phone> Build and if your build has changes to FRF91, then you have successfully carried out the installation process.
For Rooted Nexus One Owners:
- Firstly you need to make sure that your Nexus One is rooted and the radio version is FRF50 or above.
- Now download the rooted FRF91 update file and save it on your desktop. [ Or save wherever you prefer]
- The next step is to connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card.
- Copy the file you downloaded to SD Card root and reboot your phone in recovery mode.
- Once in custom recovery mode for rooted Nexus One, Install the update.zip file.
- Reboot your phone and go to setting> About phone> Build and cross check whether the build has changed to FRF91.
The rooted method requires some extra mods and tweaks for which you can consult this thread.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be held responsible if any of these method incurs any permanent or non-permanent damage to your device.