The HTC HD2 is capable of running just about any OS you throw at it; Windows Mobile, Windows Phone 7, Ubuntu, Android, and now, Honeycomb. Yes, the highly anticipated Honecycomb port for the HD2 is here. This has been made possible by XDA-Developers forum member imilka who clearly states that the ROM is far from stable and not for everyday use. This ROM is meant strictly for developers who can provide input on the bugs and any contribution towards making this build stable and usable on the HD2. Right now, the ROM is more of a “in your face” statement. For installation instructions and an overview of the features of this ROM, read on!
The ROM as mentioned, is still in the developing stage. However let us tell you what is functioning and what is not in this ROM before you move ahead with flashing this on your HTC HD2.
- Well, for one it actually boots.
- The touchscreen is functioning and so is the LED.
- The hardware buttons have been properly mapped so they wont trouble you.
- The ROM does support hardware acceleration for graphics.
- Data is working.
- The browser is functioning.
- WiFi, bluetooth, camera, sound output, accelerometer, phone functions etc. To quote the developer, “nearly everything else” is not functioning.
So, if you’re a developer or a crazy die hard fan of Android on the HD2, lets get this ROM up and running on out HD2.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- HTC HD2 with ClockworkMod recovery installed. See how to install ClockworkMod recovery.
- Honeycomb SDK Port. Download.
- To begin, copy the Honeycomb ROM you downloaded from the link above, to the root of your HD2’s SD card.
- Once you’ve copied the file to your roots SD card, reboot your phone into ClockworkMod recovery.
- After you’ve rebooted your phone into recovery, navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and choose the ROM you copied to your SD card.
- When you choose the ROM, you will be prompted with whether to install or not. Choose YES to install and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the installation completes, reboot your phone and cross your fingers.
Congratulations! Your phone should now boot into Android 3.0 Honeycomb. For further updates and queries related to this, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.