The ClockworkMod Recovery has become the backbone for almost all Android devices out there. From flashing custom ROMs to taking NANDroid backups, ClockworkMod is not optional anymore. However this recovery has not been rolled out for a few devices, which includes the likes of the LG Optimus 2X. However, Optimus 2X owners should not be dismayed anymore thanks to XDA-Developers forum member paulobrien, who has come up with a Beta version of ClockworkMod recovery image for this device. For more on the recovery and how to install it, read on!
The recovery is a beta release right now, but the developer claims to have successfully taken a Nandroid backup and managing to restore it as well. So let’s get this recovery installed on your device! The instructions are fairly simple and will be divided into 3 parts. For Windows, Linux and MAC.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process. View in gallery
- A rooted LG Optimus 2X. See our guide on how to root the LG Optimus 2X.
- ClockworkMod 3 recovery. If you are unfamiliar with ClockworkMod and it’s purpose, see our complete guide on what is ClockworkMod and how to use it on Android.
- To begin, extract the recovery you downloaded from the link above.
- Connect your device to the PC and make sure USB Debugging is checked.
- Run the install-clockworkmod-windows.bat file and let the automated process flash the recovery image to your device.
- Once done, simply reboot your device and hopefully the recovery should now be installed on your device.
- Open a terminal window and navigate to the location of the files in the terminal. Then, enter these commands pressing enter after each command:
chmod +x install-clockworkmod-linux.sh ./install-clockworkmod-linux.sh
- Once done, simply reboot your device.
- Open a terminal window and navigate to the location of the files. Then enter these commands pressing enter after each command:
chmod +x install-clockworkmod-mac.sh ./install-clockworkmod-mac.sh
- Simply reboot your phone upon completion.
To enter recovery mode, simply turn the device on while holding the volume down and power buttons until recovery loads. But if that is too inconvenient for some people, there’s an app called LG 2X Recovery that allows you to reboot your phone directly into recovery. The app (costing 99p) is available from the Android Market.
For updates and queries related to the recovery, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.