The Nitro HD gets CWM 5! Soon after the device was rooted, users had their hopes pinned on a custom recovery so that custom ROMs and kernels and more could follow. That day is here, thanks to XDA-Developers forum member bytecode64 who has released the CWM v18.104.22.168 for the Nitro HD. Installation is easy, and quick, so if you have a rooted Nitro HD – yes you need root access – let’s take a quick look at what this recovery has to offer.
There are a couple of minor issues with the recovery for now, such as:
- Fix Permissions results into boot loop.
- SDCard not being mounted on boot.
- Wrong timestamps.
The recovery has been tested on the AT&T LG Nitro HD (P930) and the LG Optimus LTE. Now that you understand what you’re dealing with, here’s how you can get it up and running on your device.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted LG Nitro HD. See our guide on rooting the Nitro HD
- Terminal Emulator installed on your device
- Recovery image.
- To begin, download the recovery from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card (/sdcard).
- Now run Terminal Emulator on your device and enter the follwiung commands:
cat bc64-recovery.img > /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
That’s it! Power off your device and reboot by holding down the Volume down key and the Power button. Once it asks your to factory reset, simply press the power button twice (no it wont format your device).
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.