View in galleryClockworkMod recovery is now available for the HTC myTouch 4G aka HTC Glacier. The ClockworkMod Recovery simply outclasses the Stock Android recovery in terms of functionality and features such as the Nandroid Backup, custom ROMs & USB mass storage mode, etc.
The special features of the recovery that we are covering is that it not only allows you to switch between the stock recovery and the ClockworkMod recovery when required, it also allows you to flash custom ROM’s based on both the ext2 and ext3 file system, so if you have an HTC myTouch4G and are willing to slip down the extremely slippery slope of heavy customization and upgradations through custom ROMs, read on.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted HTC myTouch 4G. [Tutorial: How To Permanently Root HTC T-Mobile myTouch 4G [ADB Method]
- ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124
- ROM Manager
- To begin download and install ROM Manager from the Android Market.
- Place the ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.06 you downloaded from the above link on the root of your SD card.
- Once done, open ROM Manager and choose ‘Reboot into Recovery’.
- Once in the recovery, choose the ZIP file you downloaded on the SD card and install it.
- After the installation process is complete, reboot your phone.
- After reboot you will boot into Android. Now open ROM Manager and navigate to “All Clockwork Recoveries”.
- Now choose the ClockworkMod Recovery you need to flash and install it.
- After the installation completes, power off your device.
- Enter into the ClockworkMod recovery by holding the Volume Up button and pressing the Power button.
- If for some reason, you want to move back to the stock recovery, you can do this easily by simply flashing the 126.96.36.199 recovery.
Now that you have ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone, look for the latest custom ROM’s that unleash the true potential of your device.
For any updates, suggestion or issues, please head over the to XDA Developer’s Forum.